Sunday, January 13, 2013

Christmas card keeper

I usually save the Christmas cards I receive for a while, in fact I still have a can full of Christmas cards from last year.  It was meant to be a temporary storage place but  turned out to last for quite some time.  This year I wanted something decorative and easy to display so I made a card keeper out of chipboard and leftover papers and accents. 

DSCN0811

I started with some 8 x 8 chipboard pieces and covered them with holiday papers that I had left from a pad of papers.

DSCN0812

I added some chipboard, tissue tape, rhinestone accents and some other leftover stickers and accents.  

DSCN0813

One new thing I used was some elastic trim which was a great find at my local Tuesday Morning store for $1.99.  White wasn’t going to work so I tinted it green with some Walnut Ink.

DSCN0814

I gathered scraps of holiday papers, punched them and made the pages of my card keeper.

DSCN0815

Then I gathered the cards I received and started taping them to the pages of my book.

 DSCN0817 The card keeper ended up being rather thick with all the cards so the elastic trim helps keep the book closed.

DSCN0818

I’m very happy to have a decorative place to store the cards I received using mostly leftover papers and other holiday embellishments I had.

Do you keep your holiday cards and if so how do you store them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments.