Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Do you Smash?

I’ve been enamored with the idea of Smash books and finally took the plunge and made a Smash book of my own. 

I’ve scrapbooked on and off for many years but haven’t made a scrapbook for quite a while so I thought a Smash book might be just the thing to help me start and complete a scrapbook of sorts.  I love that pretty much the only rule with a Smash book is that there is no rules – put in what you want, the goal is to just get it, whatever ‘it’ is for you, done.

And so my Smash book is 30 days of June. 

Blog 003

I love the chipboard and foam letters and numbers that make up my title.

Blog 004 

Blog 002  I really did fill up my book so if you want it to close all the way you would really need to smash it closed.

Blog 007

I purchased a few other Smash products like these little tags to help me accent my pages and keep me Smashing.  The “I will make this!” tag became one of my favorites since I knew I might need the inspiration to just finish the project – I will make this – I told myself that more than once.

Blog 011

Some pages detail my days,

Blog 012 or favorite things like a birthday card from my daughter,

Blog 014

or describing a camping trip.

Blog 015

There are even a few pages of special treats and favorite products,

Blog 023

or ongoing lists.

Blog 024

I love that some of the pages have a starting point to help you complete the page.

Blog 031

Many of the graphics in the Smash book I picked were vintage inspired.  Another great thing about Smash books is that they come in different themes so I’m sure there is one that you will fall in love with.

Blog 033

If you are intrigued like I was with the concept of ‘Smashing’, take my advise and grab a book, your favorite embellishments and Smash.

Blog 034

And so you have a peak inside of my journal of 30 days in June.  I didn’t quite complete the whole book in June but I’m calling it a success and hopefully the first of many more Smash books.

Blog 003

Have you Smashed and if so what have you Smashed?  I’d love to hear about it as I have a smaller book just waiting to have things Smashed in it. 

June

I usually link to these fabulous parties:

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I commend you for capturing an entire month in a scrapbook! I do scrapbooking too, but it takes all I can do just to finish a page, let alone a whole month's worth of memories. I didn't even know there was embossed Smash books. Love that!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments.