Monday, August 22, 2011

Owl love….

I few weeks ago I found this pair of beauties.

100_7980

Can you say 70’s?

I knew they had potential as I found some very similar ones a few months back and they were quick to sell in my Etsy store.

100_8037

Doesn’t a coating of heirloom white make them look great?

100_8038

I thought about distressing and glazing them to give them a slightly shabby look but I like the clean, almost porcelain look.

100_8039

I’m not sure what they are made of, some sort of lightweight but dense foam material.

 100_8041

It is nice that they are lightweight and have hangers on the back.

100_8037

They are listed in my Etsy store but for now they are a great addition to my gallery wall which had gone through a few changes as I get new items and ship items out.

Maybe tomorrow if I remember when the lighting is good I can get some updated pictures of my gallery wall.  I have a new friend on there that I’d like to introduce to my readers.

Her name is Missy and she is so special that I framed her…… twice!

What have you been painting lately?

June

I usually link to these fabulous parties:

3 comments:

  1. They really do look like porcelain, June! Who would have thought owls would be making a comeback? But, I've been seeing them everywhere, so you lucked out finding this pair! I remember my oldest sister used to have a huge owl collection back in the 70's! Have a great day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving owls right now! I bought one on clearance at Kohls! My hubby said what on earth are you going to do with that? Don't you worry, and it is adorable with a new coat of paint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FAB owls. Such a clever and simple idea. I love it and your blog. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments.