Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Christmas in August???

I know I’m probably either ahead or behind the times.  Usually it is Christmas in July but nope, not for me. 

It’s strange really, usually I tend to make holiday cards year round but I can’t remember making a holiday card for months, maybe not since last year. 

Lately I’ve been spending more time that I should looking at paper crafting blogs and have seen some gorgeous cards out there.  Some I saved for future reference and a few I took as inspiration right way and made cards.

One great jumping off point if you want papercraft inspiration is the CASE study challenge blog, especially this post about their one year anniversary.  It is loaded with participants in a wonderful CASE blog hop.

I knew right away when I saw this card by Teneale Williams that it would make a great holiday card idea.

My inspiration:

tenealewilliams

My card:

100_7947

This is what I think will be the final stage of this card.  I say that as I made the card, wasn’t quite as happy with it as I wanted to be.   I added some stamping on the red cardstock but that still didn’t cut it.   Then after another day of thinking and looking at the card I added some liquid pearl designs to it.  So I think it is done.

I’m sure the next one I make will be a bit different but I love it as a starting off point.

100_7948

I still need a little work on making liquid pearl dots but not bad for one of my first liquid pearl designs.

100_7949

This spring of pearls was from the bridal section, I think they were a Wilton product but I’m not sure.  I knew when I saw them that I would use them on a card.

100_7950

These leaf stick pins were a clearance find sometime last year.  Now that I finally used the last of them I wish I had purchased more of them.  I guess I’ll have to hunt for similar ones for future cards.

100_7951

I inked most of the cardstock edges and gave it a good amount of shimmer spray in various colors.

100_7953 Inspired by Teneale I even added a few layers inside my card although nothing like her beautiful cards.

All in all, I’m happy with what may be my first holiday card of the year.

100_7947 

What about you, have you started on any holiday cards this year?

June

 

I usually link to these fabulous parties:

6 comments:

  1. Very nice card. I really like the little pearlies. They add a special touch. Great job. I am your newest follower.

    Michelle
    www.micheggy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are a master with the liquid pearls! I've only attempted perimeter "pearling" but now I'll have to try flourishes! What a great effect on your festive card, it's a super CASE of Teneale's! Thanks for playing along with CASE Study and for helping us celebrate our first birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fabulous tribute to Teneale's card June, I think your skills with the liquid pearls are awesome, I love all the little details you have added in!
    Thanks for playing along with our birthday extravaganza and making it a celebration to remember! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect inspired card, I love that you took these colours and made a Christmas creation! Thank you so much for joining in our Anniversary festivities! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so pretty! I saw your card over on Tatertots & Jello.
    Kindest regards,
    Jennifer Ferrell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty! I like the pearl dots - that is a nice touch! Thanks for linking up to my card month party :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments.

Pin It button on image hover