Saturday, August 27, 2011

Canvas to notebook page

A few weeks ago I saw a great canvas notebook idea over on Artsy Va Va.  I knew immediately that I would want to make one.

It just so happened that my favorite godchild that is in college had a birthday this week and I thought it would be a fun gift for her.  Maybe my favorite godchild that is in middle school will get one of these for her birthday….Shh, don’t tell her. :)

100_8110

I started with a cheap inexpensive canvas I found at Big Lots.

100_8111

I think it was 16 X 22 or somewhere around that size.  Perfect for my project.

100_8112

I gathered a couple pens and a ruler and started making……

100_8113

This.  Probably the largest notebook page I’ve ever seen.

100_8114

I grabbed some grey paint and added faux holes to my page.

100_8115

I started my letter but wasn’t sure what to write.

100_8116

I didn’t really want to write happy birthday as I think this might be something that she will keep up long past her birthday.

100_8117

In the end I thought a reminder to work hard, study often and have fun was just the right thing.  I even got my teen daughter to write a note and let me tell you that really is a big deal.  She rarely will take a second look at any craft I make much less participate in making it, well in this case writing a note on it.  In the end she wrote a note about an inside joke that will probably have Liberty’s friends and roommates wondering just what they don’t know about her.

I think this is a craft that my daughter might even like for herself one day, she and her friends like to leave notes on their walls.  For now however she said she really have any room on her walls for this.  I’m hoping one day I can make a craft that she might just hang on her wall and enjoy.

A mother can dream, right?

June

I usually link to these fabulous parties:

6 comments:

  1. This is so cute. Hopping over from a linky party. I'm going to go snoop around a little on your blog. Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea. I want to make one for my son's room, above his desk...
    Thanks for inspiring me!

    ~ Meredith From A Mother Seeking
    http://www.amotherseeking.com

    A Mother Seeking...



    P.S. Found you through M.M.M.
    This week on A Mother Seeking: I Created A Birdhouse Dream House

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea. If you get a chance I would love you to link your notebook page up to More the Merrier Monday. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your project. I have a teenage boy and the only time he will step foot in my craft room is to ask me to fix him something to eat. Kudos on your teenage daughter participating this time.

    Happy Crafting,
    Michelle from Micheggy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Great, great, great idea! Can't wait to make a few of my own.

    Thanks so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea. Thanks for sharing!

    If you have a minute stop by and enter my Giveaway for a custom made pinstripe skirt.

    http://theorchardinbloom.blogspot.com/2011/08/pinstripe-skirt-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments.