Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Another great birdhouse find

Today I stopped at a thrift store I rarely go to for two reasons.

One – it is on the other side of town, a few miles out of my way on most of my shopping or errand running trips and two – it is usually terribly overpriced.  I have found on occasion a few good deals but for the most part they are twice as high as other thrift stores in my area.

Today was my day however.  I stopped there today since I had to drop off my daughter at her friends house and would be going right by the shop.

At first I only saw the usual overpriced items until I saw this beauty….

100_7996

Yep, a wonderfully chippy, bamboo birdcage.

Sure it was missing the door, handle and some of the bamboo but surely I thought it would be overpriced.  Imagine my surprise when this is what I saw.

100_7997

$2.90 – Oh my gosh, I couldn’t believe it was actually what I thought was reasonably priced.  Boy did I get there the right day – see the tag, it was dated yesterday!

I’m sure it wouldn’t have lasted long but I still can’t believe that it is mine.

100_7998

I mean look at all this chippy, peeling paint character.

100_7999

I love the simple curve of the top.  Imagine the work to drill all these holes and put this together.

100_8000

I don’t mind at all that the door is missing.  It will be just that much easier to put something inside when I decide what to put in there.

100_8001

Part of one piece is missing but for $2.90 I’ll overlook it.

100_8002

Now to decide where to put it on my already full patio.

100_8003

I’m picturing it here, above the air conditioner but I’ve only had the suitcase, birdhouse and boot planters there for a few weeks and I sort of like it as it is.

I guess I’ll have to spend some time arranging and rearranging to get just the look I want, well want for now until the next great find.

 

Any ideas on where I should put this birdhouse or what you would do with it?

Thanks for stopping by,

June

 

I usually link to these fabulous parties:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments.