Monday, January 3, 2011

Thrifty finds

This past weekend I was able to do a bit of thrift shopping and I found some great deals.  I don’t think I’ve found this much thrifty stuff in a long time.

My finds…

100_5335

I found three matching gold frames that I quickly added a first coat of paint on them to bring out their features.

100_5336

I love the details all around these frames.

I’m undecided if I should make them into corkboards or sell them as they are.

What do you think?

100_5337

This metal frame has a perfect patina on it already.

100_5338

I thought this basket would be a great storage space for some of my handmade greeting cards.

100_5339

Only after I got home and reread the tag did I realize that I left part of this easel at the store.  It had a faux open bible displayed on it.  I thought I saw a tag on the bible so thought the easel was a separate piece.  Oops.  Well the shop has one more thing to sell, I only wanted the easel the book was hiding anyway.

This was a faux wood color when I got it.  It still needs a final coat of white and some glaze to bring out its lovely details.

100_5341

I’m thinking I might try to keep this as a clock if it works but it definatly needs a color makeover.  I can’t decide if I should go aqua, pink, or maybe a buttery yellow.

100_5343

This display might just be a new piece for my craft to help me organize my supplies.  That is if I can manage to find some wall space to hang it on.

     100_5340 

I can’t wait to get all of these items cleaned, painted and revamped to show off their great new looks.

 

June

 

I usually link to these fabulous parties:

7 comments:

  1. Wow, you hit the jackppot! I am always on the lookout for Syroco, so I am drooling over all of your treasures! Love the wall pocket, and the easel turned out just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the frames! I have a basket that's similar than yours but larger (a hand-me-down) and I store my homemade handbag patterns inside. It's great for storage. Nice finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the frames, June! I have frames in mind for my next trip to Goodwill. They are just so useful for so many things. I think corkboards are a great idea for these. Sometimes people just don't know how to deal with open frames like those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm your newest follower. http://moogieland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors you painted the frames...so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your thrifts...great buys I'm sure. Especially the frames. Terry

    ReplyDelete
  7. great finds! I love love love the frames! I would leave them as they are, but that's coming from someone who loves a wall of empty frames. I'm a new blogger, I'd love if you'd stop by!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments.

Pin It button on image hover