Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A tale of 9 trees….

100_4670 
I thought I had all of my holiday items out but the other day I ‘found’ three more trees in a closet.
I couldn’t believe it.
I forgot about 3 trees!
What would Santa say about that??
 100_4663
Since I had decided that I would put out or donate any holiday decorations I didn’t use I had to decide if I was going to make room for three more trees or donate them.
I decided to make room for the trees.
100_4733 
They are cone shaped spun glass looking trees in graduated sizes. 
They were a treasure I picked up a few years ago at Yankee Candle, a prop they used in the store displays.
They have big chunks of glitter on them that
really catch the light.
 100_4750
Usually I put lights underneath them and that
really makes them sparkle.
100_4751
I haven’t put lights under them yet this year. 
I’m undecided if I’m going to put the lights under them this  year.  They seem to sparkle just as much
by the pink tree as my silver and white decorated tree.
100_4749
Trees one, two and three…..
My main tree, decorated in silver, blue and white.
My smaller tree, decorated in a variety of ornaments.
The tallest of the spun glass looking tree.
100_4732
Tree four….
A wire postcard tree that I snagged for a outrageously low price of $5 a few years ago at a barn sale, decorated in handmade tag ornaments.
100_4734
Trees five, six and seven.
Pink tree with electric blue ornaments.
It might be time to retire it since the bottom half of the lights decided to stop working this year after I decorated it.
Six and Seven, the smallest two spun glass looking trees.  Ignore the slant of the smallest tree….. it didn’t look good on the carpet and the case it is on was a tad too small to hold two level trees.
100_4735
Trees eight and nine.
100_4742
My latest additions from just this year.
Two small burlap wrapped base, ivory trees.
Originally I thought I might decorate them with some small ornaments but I like them just the way they are.
Probably the best $.69 I’ll ever spend on a tree!
Yep, you read that right sixty-nine cents for each of these trees.
They were Halloween rejects, no, leftovers, no, treasures, yes, treasures that were meant for me.
You gotta love it when there is something wonderful left when seasonal items go to 90% off.
I thought about painting the burlap red but I decided I like the simplicity of them as they are.
100_4739
I don’t know which is my favorite tree.
I love them all.
I can hardly believe my little place has nine trees.
Anyone else have an overabundance of trees in your home?  Please, let there be someone who has 9 or maybe even 10 trees so I don’t feel so bad.
Anyone, anyone??

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous trees! Glad you decided to put them out after all. :)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your Christmas decorations! 9 tress? Wow, I still need to get our 1. You did an awesome job decorating your home and I'm glad you shared it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rather than one big tree this year, I went with two 2 foot turquoise trees and 2 one foot white trees. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi June! Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me such a nice comment. I have quite a few trees too. Why do we did this to ourselves?! Lots to enjoy but then SO much more to clean up! AHHHHHH! I'm loving your spring trees. Such a fun idea:)

    Jennie {Cinnaberry Suite}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, June, thanks for stopping by. Your trees are just beautiful. Love those cone trees very much. And that little white one, so cute! I don't have that many, but did 3 tabletops this year & I'm liking that a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your trees! The silvery glitter one is great! I think I am addicted to anything that glitters!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments.