Monday, December 6, 2010

Ho Ho Ho

While unpacking my Christmas items I was
delighted to find this piece that
I made last year.
It still makes me smile to look at it.
 100_4710
It was made from a page from a coin holder.
I attached paper to the back side,
painted, inked and glittered the front side.
These pages came with plastic inserts
to cover the coins so it made a perfect shadow box
style hanger.
I thought it would be perfect for a little Ho, Ho, Ho display with two openings for holiday accents.
 100_4711
I glued the letters in the openings then filled each with some micro beads then slid in the plastic covering to keep the beads in.
 100_4712
I had a small Santa hat and a stocking that was once an earring that I put in the last two openings.
I put the Santa hat on the plastic to add a little interest and dimension. 
100_4713 
The hanger was a simple piece of ribbon ran through the holes that were already punched in the page.
100_4715 
I have a few more of these pages but they have 9 openings, 3 rows of 3 holes.
I might just have to put on my thinking cap and make a new sign since this one still makes me smile.
100_4716
I have it hanging on the door of the cabinet I have in my hallway.
100_4714
Hoping that you have a special holiday piece that
continues to make you smile year after year.
I'll be linking to these parties:
Transformation Thursdays at The Shabby Chic Cottage
Feature Yourself Friday at Fingerprints on the Fridge
Frugalicous Fridays at Finding Fabulous
 Hodgepodge Friday at It's a Hodgepodge Life 
Catch as Catch Can at My Repurposed Life
Flaunt It Friday at Chic on a Shoestring
Fabulous Finds at Frou Frou Decor
Weekend Wrap Up at Tater Tots and Jello
Saturday Nite Special at Funky Junk Interiors
Saturday Soiree at A Little Lovely
Tools are for Women Too
The Boardwalk Bragfest at Bobbypin's Boardwalk
Lucky Linky Tuesday at Lucky Star Lanes
Anti-Procrastination Tuesdays at New Nostalgia
I Made It Without My Hubby at Shanty 2 Chic
Show and Tell at Blue Cricket Design
Make it Yours Day at My Backyard Eden
Creative Share Wednesday at The Trendy Treehouse
Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts

3 comments:

  1. That is so creative of you. I can usually see the potential in random things but I don't think I'd have ever thought of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute idea! Isn't it great when we pull something out that we totally forgot about? Well, that's what I do! lol
    thanks for linking up and linking back,
    gail

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments.