Thursday, December 23, 2010

$3 Thursday – Art Freebies

 
I’m not feeling very creative this week so I thought I would share some pictures from the Minneapolis Sculpture Gardens at the Walker Art Center.
 
The weekend itself wasn’t free as we spent a night at a hotel and spent time shopping at an outlet mall and at the Mall of America in Bloomington but the sculpture gardens are free.
 
 
Most cities have lots of great freebies if you know where to look.
 
 
The Minneapolis Sculpture Gardens contains one of the most iconic images of Minneapolis, the Spoonbridge and Cherry.
This thing is HUGE.
 
   
 
  

It looks great from all angles.

 

This one reminds me of a postcard.

 

 

There are lots of great sculptures in the garden.

 

 

 

When we were there there was still a lot of blooming plants to enjoy as well as the sculptures.

 

 

When I look at these pictures I can’t help thinking of they saying ‘the end of the line’.
It was at the end of our time at the park, just before we headed back to the car to head home.

What great freebies are in your area?

June

I usually link to these parties:
Transformation Thursdays at The Shabby Chic Cottage  Feature Yourself Friday at Fingerprints on the Fridge  Frugalicous Fridays at Finding Fabulous  Hodgepodge Friday at It's a Hodgepodge Life Catch as Catch Can at My Repurposed Life  Flaunt It Friday at Chic on a Shoestring  Fabulous Finds at Frou Frou Decor  Weekend Wrap Up at Tater Tots and Jello  Saturday Nite Special at Funky Junk Interiors Saturday Soiree at A Little Lovely  Tools are for Women Too The Boardwalk Bragfest at Bobbypin's Boardwalk  Lucky Linky Tuesday at Lucky Star Lanes  Anti-Procrastination Tuesdays at New Nostalgia  I Made It Without My Hubby at Shanty 2 Chic Show and Tell at Blue Cricket Design Make it Yours Day at My Backyard Eden Creative Share Wednesday at The Trendy Treehouse Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments.