Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Holiday time???

 
I got an email today from a local paint your own pottery store and in it the owner mentioned that there were only 9 more Saturdays left to make holiday gifts in her store.
 
Only 9 Saturdays until Christmas???
 
How can that be?   Wow, time does slip by.  It seems like only a few days ago school just started.  Halloween is just around the corner, Thanksgiving soon after that and then Christmas.  Wow, I guess only 9 weeks is right.
 
It’s a good thing I finally felt a bit creative tonight and I made a few Christmas cards.  I bought a great holiday MM kit at Tuesday Morning this summer that has a vintage feel.  So far from the kit I made 9 cards.
 
100_3703 

I embossed snowflakes on red cardstock, inked the snowflakes, added ribbon, flowers and a die cut holiday piece that I added shimmer spray to age it a bit.

I love the vintage feel of these cards.

100_3699

Forgive the bad pictures, it is late at night and I took pictures of them spread out on my crafting desk.

100_3701

The kit came with all the die cut images, flowers and buttons.  I added rhinestone brads to the flowers and a ribbon to each card, all supplies I had on hand.

100_3700

I think the kit was $3.99 or something close to that.  You gotta love the deals that you can sometimes find at Tuesday Morning.  I like to check them out every couple weeks to see what is new.  Lately there had not been a lot of new craft supplies but I guess with all the new holiday items they probably won’t get much new in the craft supplies.

100_3702

Not a bad start to holiday card making a whole 9 Saturday’s before Christmas….

100_3698

What are you working on for winter holidays??

June

6 comments:

  1. Just wanted to drop you a note to let you know that I'm now following your blog as part of the 'Bloggers Swap' on swap-bot. ♥

    I can't believe it's almost November...normally, I'd have all of my Christmas crafting done by now, but this year is different...I now have a two month old, so crafting time is extremely limited. >_< Must...finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cards are beautiful!

    I’m here from the Swap-Bot “Bloggers Swap” & now I’m following you.

    Have a great day,

    Mimi
    (Phoerauf)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? only nine Saturdays left? I had not calculated it this way but seeing it makes me head spin. oh the cards and gifts I need ro make. your cards are spectacular! Love the embossing you did! I am joining you from the blogger swap and am signing up to follow you now. I can't wait to see more of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh...I didn't realize there were only 9 Saturdays until Christmas. I need to start working on some of the gifts I want to give this year!

    I'm doing some cross-stitching, embroidery, quilting, and needle-felting projects this year. I always make food gifts to (for humans and for wildlife...like birds).

    I'm following your blog now.

    Ann
    freespirit66
    from Bloggers Swap on Swap-Bot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi June,
    I'm lorijo2003 from the SB bloggers swap. 9 MORE SATURDAYS TIL CHRISTMAS...talk about a wake up call! I am looking forward to reading more of your blog...but for now I better get to work on Christmas presents:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm gaquero from the Swap Bot, bloggers swap.

    Nice the kit for christmas.

    Hope you had a nice weekends

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments.