Sunday, August 22, 2010

This weeks thrifty finds

I haven't shared any garage sale or thrifty finds for a while so I here are my most recent finds from this weekend.  I usually try to spend less than $15 on all my finds and I was well under that this weekend with all of these items.

I found two frames, a cream leather jacket, some wall sconces, an organizer and a cribbage game board.  I thought the game tiles from the game would make neat magnets or thumb tacks.  I forgot to take a picture of the game as I already put the game tiles in a glass jar I have with other tiles and game pieces.


I loved the decorative swirls on these sconces.   I can tell they were orginally gold and had a light white coat of paint on them already but I think they need a bit more revamping.  I'm sure these will be in my Etsy shop this week.  I'm still trying to decide if I want to use my favorite color, Navajo White or if I want to try a bit more color on these.


This organizer is plastic, resin type material but looks like wood in its current finish.   This will get a shot of color, I'm thinking it will look great in aqua.  Then I'll have to decide if it is staying here or being listed in my shop.  I don't have any aqua in my house but maybe I will once this is painted.   I can always use more organization in my papers so it might just find it's home here.


I love the deep detail on the front.



I can't wait to revamp the large oval frame I found.   I'm think I'll use some burlap in it but don't
 know if I want it to be a cork board or a dry erase board.
I do know the cottage print has to go.


I liked this smaller square frame.  I think I may frame a word in it.
I have some large letters I've been wanting to use for a while now but haven't found the right project yet.
The frame has some great detailing.


Check back for some makeovers this week.

June

Linking to these parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments.