Tuesday, July 27, 2010

More WI thrifty finds

Friday my sister Jennifer and I went traveled to Wisconsin to see our sister Gail, her family and my daughter who has been staying there for a while. 

On the way we stopped at some garage sales and picked up a few things. 
We picked up two headboards, a foot board, a couple frames, a couple wool sweaters, a couple games, a couple spice racks, dishes, a stool and a few other small items. 

Saturday the three of us and my sisters husband all went garage sale shopping.   We picked up a few more things and had the van pretty full of our treasures.   I got a drop leaf table with three leaves, a couple jars and and a couple leather jackets.   We picked up a couple free wood crates from the side of the road.  

After we got back to my sisters home we, well they, went to work starting the transformation of the headboard/foot board combo  into a bench.   First they cut the legs down a bit.  It was necessary to get it back in the van without the back seats down.  We needed to make room for my daughter!

Deciding where to cut the foot board for the sides.
Jennifer cutting the foot board to make the sides for the bench.
We attached the arms of the bench and then took it apart.   This way it will be easier to complete the bench once it gets back to MN.
Good thing it fits in the back of the van.
A picture of some of the other treasures we came home with.
You can see how large the table will be with the extra leaves in it.

Some close ups of out deals.

I picked up two spice racks with bottles for 10 cents for each rack. 
Ten cents Monopoly game.
Five pretty trays that were made in Japan for $1.   They are marked "Alcohol Proof" on the bottom.
I love the design on them.  I was not sure how I would use them when I picked them up. 
Maybe a jewelry tray or beading tray.  

I picked up these two jars for $1.50 and $1.  The large one is a gallon size and it still had a tag on the bottom.

 
I picked up the small bud vase from a free pile.
I had to clean it out as there was some sort of putty in the inside.

I had a great time in WI and got to visit my sister again and bring home my daughter.

Happy crafting,
June




4 comments:

  1. I LOVE those trays!!! So pretty. :) Thanks so much for the visit today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love garage sales!! I've found some hidden treasures at many of them, as well. I esp. like the Japanese trays--so pretty! This is Sheri aka SheriFaerie from Swap-Bot Blogger swap, now following you!! xoxox.

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome to my neck of the woods ;) I never have luck like that at garage sales!! Sheesh, where are you shopping?? Those trays are so pretty I'd just hang them on the wall like art! :)

    Thanks for commenting on my dresser redo on bugaboo, mini, mr & me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOH! LOok at all those wonderful finds! Great steals for you! I'm from MN too -- it's always nice to see another Minnesotan's blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments.