Saturday, May 29, 2010

Garage sale bust

I had high hopes in finding great deals at garage sales today but that didn't happen. :( I guess it was not meant to be. The barn sale I thought would be going on today was not today either. Double bummer. The only thing I picked up at garage sales were a couple magazines for 25 cents each. One for me and one for my daughter, who right now thinks I'm crazy. I guess I was making the weirdest face and that cracked her up. Anna's graduation was a nice time, it was nice to sit and visit with my sisters and other family and friends.

One the plus side, I did stop and pick up a ream of white cardstock and a few other craft supplies. The best purchase would have to be hanging wire baskets. I'm going to attempt to make a chandelier like ones at www.dollarstorecrafts.com. I was hoping to work on them tomorrow or Monday but I couldn't find any beads at the dollar stores I stopped at so I will have to order them from Oriental Trading. I just hope that they arrive earlier than projected so I can start working with them before I get together with my sisters and we all make them. I don't really know what I got myself into yet since I have not made one and I agreed to put together a 'Sister craft day' where we make them.

My one completed craft today was a quick and easy graduation card that my Mom requested to give Anna today. I love coredinations paper with embossing folders. I finally used the star folder, I thought that would make a great background for a graduation card.




The cardstock is actually more of a teal color, the picture makes it look more like a light blue. I saved time and paper by embossing the card itself and not adding a layer like I usually do when embossing. I don't know the maker of the graduation cap, maybe from The Stampin Place but I'm not sure as I've had it for many years. It has a red cushion and Tack it Over and Over on it and I really can't remember the last time I mounted a stamp like that and not on EZ mount. The Good luck is a Stampin Up set that I borrowed from one of my sisters. I think that when I am able to order that unmounted I might just have to order it unless The Angel Company comes out with a set that I like better. I can't wait until the end of June and July for new stamp catalogs. I can just about hear the cracking open of a new catalog.



Well that is all for now - happy crafting and a big shout out to all the veterans out there and their families and friends.

1 comment:

  1. cool blog. I like the design to the sides. (I need to spend some time dressing mine up)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments.